Noam Hacker is a photo-based artist from Toronto. He frequently wanders through the city, alone or with friends, and is most drawn to unusual light and interestingly arranged trash. He has a personal rule to only shoot in black and white in his home city, in an effort to get to know his environment more deeply.
Noam enjoys printing his work as self-published zines, and exploring alternative printing technologies such as Risograph. Lately he has been working exclusively in analog, and spending time in the darkroom refining his printing style.
Noam is also a member of the Education Committee at Gallery 44, and is passionate about bringing artistic learning opportunities to his community.
@_noamhacker | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer Slide - Group exhibition - September 2023 - Memento Film Lab - Presented by Toronto Analog Friends
Contribution: Untitled 35mm Ektachrome Projection & Inkjet Print
- Blue - Gallery 44 Annual Member-Run Exhibition - group exhibition - July 14-19, 2023 - Gallery 44 - Curated by Grace Wang
Contribution: "Leaving, 2022" Inkjet Print, 8 x 12 inch, edition of 1.
- Spectra: of place or position or posture - group exhibition - October 3-10, 2022 - Peter MacKendrick Community Gallery (Artscape Wychwood Barns) - Curated by Fehn Foss
Contribution: "Phototropism" I-V - silver gelatin darkroom prints, 8 x 10 inch, editions of 1, with pothos plants and dried leaves from outside the gallery.
- Transit: Gallery 44 Member Exhibition - July 15-30, 2022 - Gallery 44 - Curated by Grace Wang
Contribution: "Toronto, January 2022" - two-colour risograph print, 17 x 11 inch, edition of 29.
- Opening Soon, self-published, 2020, edition of 50
- Picture A Sailboat, self-published, 2021, edition of 50
- OPAL Magazine Issue 4 (contributor)